SFC has a rich library and is housed in a big spacious hall which serves as the reading-room as well. It has an annexe which contains the main stock of books and journals.
- Magazines & Journals
- Reference Section
- Multi-Media Section
SFC has a collection of about 12,000 books on a wide variety of subjects and topics . Arts, Science, Commerce, Computers, Fine Arts, Language, Literature, etc. are all widely covered.
Magazines & Journals
SFC subscribes to news, science, sports, competition, health, children's, technology, travel and business magazines. All kinds of weekly, fortnightly and monthly magazines are readily available on the news-stand of the library.
Thes school subscribes to one Hindi and one English newspapers.
The library has a wide selection of Encyclopaedia, Atlases, Dictionaries, General Knowledge Books, Compendiums, etc. for the ready reference of both the teachers and the students.
The library also has a wide collection of multi-media educational CDs, DVDs, etc. which are regularly shown to the students with the help of a projector and screen. This section is particularly used by the students to prepare and make PowerPoint presentations.
- Silence is to be observed in the Library. Books issued are to be properly looked after and deposited on the due date.
- A teacher/student can borrow only one book at a time.
- A teacher/student may ordinarily have a copy of a book for a week and the issue may be renewed further for the same period. No book that is in great demand shall be lent for more than a week.
- Books will be issued to students during the library periods mentioned in the time-table and if possible in the free periods. No books will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
- Reference books will not be issued.
- The Librarian may call for a book at any time even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
- If the date of issue or return of books happens to be a holiday, both the issue or return of books shall stand postponed to the next working day.
- If the book is not returned at the expiry of the period of loan or after the Librarian has called for it even within the period of loan, a fine of Rs. 5/- per day of delay will be charged. Fine shall be collected by the Librarian and the fact notified in the defaulter’s card. Until such a fine is collected from the defaulter, no books shall be issued to him/her.
- Absence is no excuse for delay in return of the books after the expiry of the period of loan.
- In case a book is misused, wrongly handled, or lost, the person concerned will have to pay the full price of the book.
- All markings, underlinings, annotations or defacing of the book by any means are strictly forbidden. Fines shall be levied for violating this.
- Teachers/Students shall carefully examine the book as soon as it is issued to them. Any mark (soil, damage, etc.) shall be forthwith reported to the Librarian.
- Issue of books shall be stopped by the 1st January and return of the books shall be completed by the 31st January every year. This helps in annual stock-taking and checking. Issue of books shall commence on the 1st August every year.
- Students will not be allowed with their personal work or bags in the Library. Only note-books will be allowed with the permission of the Librarian.
- No magazines or periodicals will be issued to the students for taking home. They are requested to read the same inside the Library.